[sidr] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidr-publication-10: (with COMMENT)

"Kathleen Moriarty" <Kathleen.Moriarty.ietf@gmail.com> Wed, 18 January 2017 18:17 UTC

From: Kathleen Moriarty <Kathleen.Moriarty.ietf@gmail.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:17:00 -0800
Cc: morrowc@ops-netman.net, sidr-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-sidr-publication@ietf.org, sidr@ietf.org
Subject: [sidr] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidr-publication-10: (with COMMENT)

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidr-publication-10: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-publication/

COMMENT:

Thanks for addressing the security directorate review.

As for Alissa's comment on transport, more language added to the Security
Considerations section would be helpful to explain why the CMS signature
is sufficient.  I am assuming that the only exposure would be to public
information during transport that is protected from tampering, unless I
missed something in reading the draft (I don't think you are transferring
private keys and didn't see that in the text).

Security controls being managed according to the CA policy mentioned
earlier in the document is appropriate, having run CAs before - there are
strict requirements already depending on the level you plan to run the
CA.