Re: [sidr] Question about draft-ietf-sidr-pfx-validate-03

John Scudder <jgs@juniper.net> Sun, 13 November 2011 08:21 UTC

From: John Scudder <jgs@juniper.net>
To: Danny McPherson <danny@tcb.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 00:17:06 -0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: sidr wg list <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] Question about draft-ietf-sidr-pfx-validate-03

Danny,

IMO the way to handle this is observe that all routes have a validity state attribute and that it needs to be settable in policy.  I believe the draft already says this (I will check though) and so it provides the necessary minimum toolset needed to apply a given state to local routes.  It might be worth saying something about what state a route should take by default, which I'm pretty sure we don't do now.  (If done this might need to be broken down into several cases, e.g. EBGP vs. IBGP vs. locally originated.)

--John