Re: [sidr] Interim Meeting Dates/Locations (Proposed)

Matt Lepinski <mlepinski@bbn.com> Tue, 27 March 2012 22:05 UTC

Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:05:36 -0400
From: Matt Lepinski <mlepinski@bbn.com>
To: sidr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sidr] Interim Meeting Dates/Locations (Proposed)

On a related note:

At some point we could also try a virtual (remote-only) interim meeting.
I realize that there is value in having a critical mass of people in one
room interacting directly. However, in cases where there is not a
co-located event that is likely to draw a critical mass of people,
perhaps a virtual interim makes sense.

Note: I have been involved in other working groups that have
successfully pulled off virtual interims (so there are worked examples
of this happening successfully). Also, most of the problems in San Diego
were in trying to combine a large number of physical participants with a
large number of remote participants, so it is possible that a completely
virtual interim would run into fewer potential stumbling blocks.

Just my 2 cents,
- Matt Lepinski