Re: [sidr] about a router AS-related certificate (fwd)

Sandra Murphy <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com> Fri, 14 October 2011 21:50 UTC

Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:50:45 -0400
From: Sandra Murphy <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>
To: sidr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sidr] about a router AS-related certificate (fwd)

Sorry, somehow did NOT reply all.

--Sandy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:44:07 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
From: Sandra Murphy <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>
To: Brian Dickson <brian.peter.dickson@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [sidr] about a router AS-related certificate

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011, Brian Dickson wrote:

> Hi, Sandy,
>
> Would it be too much to ask, to get a brief summary email sent to the
> list, of recent last-calls or adoption-calls, and pro/con responses
> levels?

Not sure if you mean on a regular periodic basis or right now for the recent
flurry of wg calls.

The summary of the recent flurry can be constructed well enough.  (If you want
a rough immediate idea, the mail archive can display a thread index of the
mail.)

A periodic message is also possible, if people would find that useful. You
indicate that you just recently joined the list, so maybe you don't realize
that this wg is particularly bursty, but obviously there's reasonable
periodicity that could be used.

> This would be to get an idea of whether some might have been missed,
> and which need support to progress?

Some care would be wise.  A message from the wg chairs to say "hey, wg, you
haven't demonstrated support for draft X" might be construed as undue
chair influence on the wg consensus.

The periodic summary you suggest is objective enough that it could/might pass
muster.

> And I'd suggest that if there were not-many pros, and none or much
> fewer than normal cons, that asking again to boost the pro responses,
> may be all that is needed.

IMHO, the wg chairs taking steps to boost the pro response would be truly
skating too close to the edge of undue influence.  OVer the edge, maybe.

> The inter-dependencies of some of these drafts, makes it pretty important.
>
> BTW, I would be more than happy to contribute to the WG in whatever way I
> can.

Great!

--Sandy