Re: [sidr] Fwd: [Errata Rejected] RFC6487 (3168)

Andrew Chi <achi@bbn.com> Mon, 06 May 2013 15:03 UTC

Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 11:02:59 -0400
From: Andrew Chi <achi@bbn.com>
To: stbryant@cisco.com
Cc: "sidr-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <sidr-chairs@tools.ietf.org>, sidr wg list <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] Fwd: [Errata Rejected] RFC6487 (3168)

Is this really a technical change?  The document has two places that
state X, and one place (citing 5280) that states Y.  This erratum
replaces the Y statement with X.  All implementers have already
implemented X since it's the stricter form of Y.

X = no other extensions are allowed
Y = non-critical extensions MAY be ignored

If this truly is a technical change, then we should have an update doc.
  But I'm just trying to minimize needless words.

Andrew