Re: [sidr] WGLC on draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-impl-01

Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net> Mon, 20 August 2012 08:54 UTC

From: Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 04:28:58 -0400
To: "Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>
Cc: "sidr@ietf.org" <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] WGLC on draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-impl-01

On Aug 17, 2012, at 12:58 PM, Murphy, Sandra wrote:

> The authors believe that the draft is ready for publication.  This announces a two week last call.  The WGLC will end 31 Aug 2012.
>
> Please report to the list whether you support publication of this draft or not.
>
> The draft is available at
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-impl-01
>
> The abstract says:
>
>   This document provides an implementation report for RPKI Router
>   protocol as defined in [I-D.ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr].  The editor did not
>   verify the accuracy of the information provided by respondents or by
>   any alternative means.  The respondents are experts with the
>   implementations they reported on, and their responses are considered
>   authoritative for the implementations for which their responses
>   represent.  Respondents were asked to only use the YES answer if the
>   feature had at least been tested in the lab.

Yes, support.

Nits:
I found the sentence "The editor did not verify the accuracy of the information provided by respondents or by any alternative means." unwieldy -- it makes it sound like "by respondents" is a means to verify accuracy ("The editor did not verify the accuracy of the information provided by reading entrails or by any alternative means."). I'd suggest just dropping "or by any alternative means"...