Re: [sidr] WG LC for draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters-06.txt

Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org> Fri, 15 July 2011 02:00 UTC

From: Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org>
To: Sandra Murphy <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>, sidr wg list <sidr@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 19:00:22 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [sidr] WG LC for draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters-06.txt

Have read -06 and I think (generally) it is fine to progress with a tiny
personal nit.

I did wonder as I was reading the document if the object is optional or
mandatory in the repository structure? For example if I create a ROA, MUST I
create a Ghostbusters record. I can certainly see that for healthy NOC
operation, a Ghostbusters record is a really nice thing to have for allowing
others to contact you. Perhaps a sentence or two clarifying this.

This might also then help the relying parties in terms of their validation
workload. (not that the workload is high or anything) Can they happily
discard or delay the validation of the Ghostbusters record if the so choose?

Cheers
Terry