Subject: [sidr] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-06: (with COMMENT)
From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
To: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 05:55:06 -0800
List-Id: Secure Interdomain Routing <sidr.ietf.org>

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The title is misleading with "setup protocol".

>From RFC 2026: 
3.1  Technical Specification (TS)
   A Technical Specification is any description of a protocol, service,
   procedure, convention, or format

We deal with a "format" here or maybe messages definition.
Thankfully, the abstract is rather clear that is the protocol is
unspecified. So it's not THAT bad.