[sidr] Review of draft-ietf-sidr-adverse-actions-03

Dan Romascanu <dromasca@gmail.com> Mon, 09 January 2017 10:49 UTC

From: Dan Romascanu <dromasca@gmail.com>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 02:49:35 -0800
Cc: draft-ietf-sidr-adverse-actions.all@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, sidr@ietf.org
Subject: [sidr] Review of draft-ietf-sidr-adverse-actions-03

Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-sidr-adverse-actions-03
Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review Date: 2017-01-09
IETF LC End Date: 2017-01-10
IESG Telechat date: 2017-01-19

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

1. The title is slightly misleading, it can be interpreted that the
document deals with cases where the CA or Resource Manager initiate
the attacks. In reality the document deals with attacks made possible
by the fact that the CA or Resource Managers are themselves under
attack, or some management mistakes were made at the CA or Resource
Manager. I would suggest a change in the title of the document:

s/Adverse Actions by a Certification Authority (CA) or Repository
Manager/Adverse Actions by means of a Certification Authority (CA) or
Repository Manager/

2. It is not clear why the numbering of the actions in the subsections
of section 2 (2.1, 2,2, etc.) are prefixed by A, rather than
continuing the indentation under 2.1, 2.2, etc. In other words - why
A-1.1 and not 2.1.1, A-1.1.1 and not 2.1.1.1, etc.