Re: [Sidrops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-signed-tal-01.txt

Di Ma <madi@rpstir.net> Sun, 10 June 2018 07:52 UTC

From: Di Ma <madi@rpstir.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 15:52:07 +0800
Cc: SIDR Operations WG <sidrops@ietf.org>
To: Tim Bruijnzeels <tim@ripe.net>
Subject: Re: [Sidrops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-signed-tal-01.txt

Tim,

I think you might as well leave ‘activationTime’ as OPTIONAL element since it is sorta an operational strategy in this document intended to be a BCP. If so, the first MUST in the following text should be change to MAY.

The Signed TAL MUST have an "activationTime" that reflects when
 	      Relying Parties MUST use use this new TAL in place of any
 	      previously known TAL for this Trust Anchor.

Besides, it is lovely to see ‘deployment considerations’  included in this version and I am in favor of what is stated in it.

Di

P.S.

I found a nit in Section 6.1 that The sentence ‘The Trust Anchors MUST a new key pair and generate a new TA Certificate. ‘ just missed a verb ‘generate’.