[Sidrops] Mirja Kühlewind's Discuss on draft-ietf-sidrops-lta-use-cases-05: (with DISCUSS)

Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 29 April 2019 13:47 UTC

From: =?utf-8?q?Mirja_K=C3=BChlewind_via_Datatracker?= <noreply@ietf.org>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-sidrops-lta-use-cases@ietf.org, Chris Morrow <morrowc@ops-netman.net>, sidrops-chairs@ietf.org, morrowc@ops-netman.net, sidrops@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 06:47:35 -0700
Subject: [Sidrops] =?utf-8?q?Mirja_K=C3=BChlewind=27s_Discuss_on_draft-ie?= =?utf-8?q?tf-sidrops-lta-use-cases-05=3A_=28with_DISCUSS=29?=

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidrops-lta-use-cases-05: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-lta-use-cases/

DISCUSS:

1) I’m not sure I really understand the following use case..? Also is
“re-routing to acceptable content” actually a use case we want to endorse in an
RFC? "Alice is responsible for the trusted routing for a large
   organization, commercial or geo-political, in which management
   requests routing engineering to redirect their competitors' prefixes
   to socially acceptable data.

 2) This sentence in the security considerations section uses normative
 language without having the respective disclaimer in the document:
“Hence they MUST be implemented to assure the
   local constraint.”
However, I also don’t understand what such a normative statement is supposed to
say. I’m not sure if local trust actors are the only solution to the stated use
case/problems; if that’s what the sentence tries to say, I disagree, however,
in any case it doesn’t seem to make sense to use normative wording here.

 3) Also, this sentence in the security consideration section, needs probably
 more explanation:
   “Authentication of modification 'recipes' will be needed.”
   What is “will be needed” supposed to mean? How can this be achieved? What
   happens if it’s not implemented?