[Sidrops] Francesca Palombini's Discuss on draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-has-no-identity-05: (with DISCUSS)

Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 12 April 2022 13:35 UTC

From: Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-has-no-identity@ietf.org, sidrops-chairs@ietf.org, sidrops@ietf.org, morrowc@ops-netman.net, morrowc@ops-netman.net
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 06:35:51 -0700
Subject: [Sidrops] Francesca Palombini's Discuss on draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-has-no-identity-05: (with DISCUSS)

Francesca Palombini has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-has-no-identity-05: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-has-no-identity/

DISCUSS:

Thank you for the work on this document.

Many thanks to Tim Bray for his ART ART review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/art/SKUKjoE9bPh62XsVezoD5mPAkz4/, and to
the authors for addressing Tim's comments.

I have one question for consideration (which will not require any textual
changes to the document): is "Standard Track" the proper track of RFC for this
document?

I am happy to be told by the authors, working group or responsible AD that yes
- this has been discussed and the consensus was that "Standard Track" is the
most appropriate track for this document. Normally I would look for such
information in the shepherd write-up, but unfortunately I can't find my answer
there, nor through my superficial archive search.

Note I am not questioning the need for this document, which I understand has
been discussed and has consensus, barely its track - doesn't this fit better as
Informational, or even BCP (although I concur with Murray, BCP does not seem
appropriate)?

Francesca