Re: [Sidrops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-rp-03.txt

Di Ma <madi@rpstir.net> Tue, 29 January 2019 05:49 UTC

From: Di Ma <madi@rpstir.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 13:49:17 +0800
Cc: Di Ma <madi@zdns.cn>
To: SIDR Operations WG <sidrops@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Sidrops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-rp-03.txt

Hi, folks,

We authors just updated this draft as follow:

1) TAL

Considering draft-ietf-sidrops-https-tal seems to be ready for WGLC, we authors replaced RFC 7730 with it where the TAL topics are mentioned.

2) Distributing RPKI validated cache

In light of a new model of how RP service the validated cache,  which by the way, has been used by Cloudflare, we authors are slightly changed the description in Section 5 in terms of distributing RPKI validated cache.

That is, the RP may deliver the validated cache via HTTPs to a cache server who is responsible for provisioning validated cache to BGP speakers.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/rpki-details/

We think this method is making sense for big ISPs, ICPs and a third party RP in the cloud.

And RPSTIR (bgpsecurity.net) the RP software has also supported transferring validated cache via https, which is expected to go public in Github this year.

We would appreciate your comments.

And if there is no major changed needed hereafter, we expect WGLC issued for this document.

Di