Subject: Re: draft-freed-sieve-in-xml status?
From: Philip Guenther <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Burrell Donkin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:05:55 -0800
List-Id: <ietf-mta-filters.imc.org>

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
...
> we're currently adding xml serialisation for jsieve over at apache. 
> there are number of concrete use cases that this serialisation needs to 
> satisfy.

This entire discussion might have been less painful if the concrete use 
cases the jsieve developers have had been brought up at the beginning.  
The discussion that has progressed has been almost completely abstract; 
the one time someone actually said "for example, such-and-such doesn't 
work" the subthread seemed to resolve itself almost directly.  As is, the 
"does it support namespaces" thread is completely confused in my mind 
because I have been unable to determine what you consider necessary and 
sufficient, Robert.

(Fortunately, I'm just a bystander on this doc, so I'm not sweating my 
failure here.)

Philip Guenther