Subject: RFC 5437 on Sieve Notification Mechanism: Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 19:52:53 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: <ietf-mta-filters.imc.org>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5437

        Title:      Sieve Notification Mechanism: Extensible Messaging 
                    and Presence Protocol (XMPP) 
        Author:     P. Saint-Andre, A. Melnikov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28448
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sieve-notify-xmpp-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5437.txt

This document describes a profile of the Sieve extension for
notifications, to allow notifications to be sent over the Extensible
Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP), also known as Jabber.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute