Re: [sip-clf] New CLF Syntax draft (text with index)

"Christer Holmberg" <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com> Fri, 08 May 2009 05:14 UTC

Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 07:16:11 +0200
From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
To: Dean Willis <dean.willis@softarmor.com>, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
Cc: sip-clf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sip-clf] New CLF Syntax draft (text with index)

Hi,

I haven't followed the what-encoding-to-use discussion in detail (I
don't have any personal preference), and I appologise if the following
has already been discussed.

Have people taken into consideration the text in the body handling
draft, which says that binary data in message bodies SHOULD be
transfered using "pure" binary encoding.

I know what we are not talking about a message body type now, but do we
want SIP entities to have to support different kind of binary encodings?
They may of course have to do that anyway, if they support protocols etc
outside our control, but still...

Regards,

Christer