Re: [sip-clf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipclf-format-07.txt

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> Tue, 23 October 2012 21:07 UTC

Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:07:05 -0500
From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
To: Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com>
Cc: "sip-clf@ietf.org Mailing" <sip-clf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sip-clf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipclf-format-07.txt

The list has been silent on this. It needs review and comment please.

There is one part of the new text that is not right yet.

" The Value field for the optional element being logged MUST be Base64
    encoded if it has any characters outside of the UTF-8 character set."
doesn't make sense.

This should be saying something like  "if it contains any octets with
values between 0 and 31 inclusive, or 127".

RjS