Re: [sip-clf] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-sipclf-format-03

Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com> Wed, 07 December 2011 18:10 UTC

From: Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 13:10:08 -0500
To: Peter Musgrave <musgravepj@gmail.com>
Cc: sip-clf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sip-clf] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-sipclf-format-03

Peter -

Thanks for the review. A few comments inline...

On Dec 7, 2011, at 10:03 AM, Peter Musgrave wrote:

> Hi Gonzalo,
>
> Great job on the final version. I have two comments, one picky; one more substantive:
>

> 4.2
> For the timestamp and fractional seconds the order is most significant character first I assume? Is it worth stating this explicitly?

Once we specified that Unix Epoch time is used that this would be understood, but I think a bit of text stating that this explicitly could be helpful. I will add this in the next version.
> 4.3
> The optional fields have a 2 byte hex length indicator. It is stated earlier that hex is to be specified in ASCII characters. This limits the size of an optional value to 255 bytes - which I suspect was not the intent.
> Does this field need to made large enough to hold 4096 byte lengths?

Thanks for spotting this. It was an oversight on my part and this will definitely be addressed in the next version with updated field length of 4 bytes.

Regards,

Gonzalo