Re: [sip-clf] draft-ietf-sipclf-format-01, IPv6 format

Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com> Thu, 17 March 2011 04:02 UTC

From: Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 00:04:06 -0400
To: Anders Nygren <anders.nygren@gmail.com>
Cc: "sip-clf@ietf.org Mailing" <sip-clf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sip-clf] draft-ietf-sipclf-format-01, IPv6 format

Thanks Anders. There are two reasonable possibilities here:

1) I'll add some text to explain that the address:port is a general representation. While purely having address:port is appropriate for IPv4, the more appropriate square brackets syntax [address]:port should be used for IPv6

2) Use the syntax [address]:port SHALL be used for both IPv4 and IPv6

I prefer option #2 for its broad-based usage and simplicity. Hopefully folks will weigh in with their preference.

Regards,

Gonzalo