Re: [sip-clf] draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-05 Reason-Phrase

Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com> Tue, 15 March 2011 22:01 UTC

From: Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:55:28 -0400
To: Peter Musgrave <peter.musgrave@magorcorp.com>
Cc: "sip-clf@ietf.org Mailing" <sip-clf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sip-clf] draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-05 Reason-Phrase

On Mar 15, 2011, at 5:23 PM, Peter Musgrave wrote:

> I think as a predefined option field Reason Phrase makes sense.
>
> It may be worth thinking about other optional header fields people might want...Refer, History-Info, Session-ID - might become a bit of a long list. Would this be viewed as useful?

I had it as one of the discussion topics for Prague. I think we fundamentally need to decide what fields we want as Pre-defined Optional Fields IF that list a reasonable one. If we want to open it up (as Anders suggest) to ALL SIP fields, then this would likely require a different mechanism entirely.

Gonzalo