Re: [sip-clf] IETF 76 Minutes posted -> IPFIX questions

"Spencer Dawkins" <spencer@wonderhamster.org> Wed, 02 December 2009 23:38 UTC

From: Spencer Dawkins <spencer@wonderhamster.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:38:14 -0500
Subject: Re: [sip-clf] IETF 76 Minutes posted -> IPFIX questions

Just to follow up on David's note to the mailing list...

David has been asked to act as our Technical Advisor (please see
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipclf/charters to confirm), so we need to take his
concerns seriously as we move forward.

The "how to have a successful BOF" document David referenced is RFC 5434,
"Considerations for Having a Successful Birds-of-a-Feather (BOF) Session".
Although this document was published as Informational, it's the best
guidance that the IESG has been able to provide to the community about how
to produce specifications that are approved by the community - if you
haven't already looked it over, you might want to spend a few minutes with
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5434.txt.

Yes, we are post-BOF. No, these considerations don't disappear because we
had a "successful BOF", where "success" is defined as "we got a charter out
of the IESG" ;-)

If you have comments on
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/09nov/minutes/sipclf.htm, please let me/Theo
know quickly. We're talking about next steps for the working group, and want
to have an accurate basis for that - and what you guys think happened in
Hiroshima is as important as what I think happened.

Thanks,

Spencer, as chair