Re: [sip-http-events] HTTP Subscribe: Remaining Open Issue

Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com> Tue, 24 November 2009 08:55 UTC

Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:55:19 +0200
From: Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>
To: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
Subject: Re: [sip-http-events] HTTP Subscribe: Remaining Open Issue

Hi Adam,

thanks for the effort in continuing this work

as one of my doubts and previously comment to use SIP to monitor HTTP
resource was the extra HTTP round-trip to fetch the new resource state,
I am in support and I do think we should define some sort of basic
filter parameter so that event changes state can include the new
resource state.

I have also taken the occasion to re-read all the draft and I have an
additional comment:

I like the possibility to Monitoring Multiple HTTP Resources,
however it is not clear to me if it is possible or not to Subscribe to a
monitor-group URI without including the URI list.

for example, consider the case in which a client wishes to monitor the
resources associated to Alice in draft
draft-zourzouvillys-bliss-ach-http-api-01

does the client have to perform a GET or HEAD operation  for  each
resource in order to  discover the
monitor-link of each of them and only after it has discovered all the
monitor-links Subscribe to the monitor-group including the URI list;

or it would be enough perform a GET or HEAD operation for
https://api.example.com/alice/ach/
and subscribe to the monitor-group URI returned by the operation without
including any URI list.

The latter would a sort of implicit registration to all the resources
included in the monitor-group, where the
inclusion of an URI list would be a sort of filter for the subset of
resources included in the monitor-group  the client is interested in.

/Sal