Re: [sip-http-events] HTTP Subscribe: Remaining Open Issue

"Rifaat Shekh-Yusef" <rifatyu@nortel.com> Tue, 01 December 2009 15:40 UTC

Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 10:40:05 -0500
From: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <rifatyu@nortel.com>
To: Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
Subject: Re: [sip-http-events] HTTP Subscribe: Remaining Open Issue

Hi Adam,

Thanks for pushing this important work forward.

I have the following comments:

1. Section 3.2, Monitoring Multiple HTTP Resources

I like the ability to monitor multiple resources, but I am not sure
about the approach.
I tend to agree with Salvatore's comments below.

With services that have established a hierarchical and descriptive
structure of URIs,
the ability to monitor a group of resources by monitoring the parent
resource would be the best solution.

I am not suggesting that this approach should replace the existing RLS
approach.

2. Section 5, Example Message Flow

In step 9: is the body of the NOTIFY message, which has the HTTP 200 OK,
really needed in this case?

Regards,
 Rifaat