Re: [sip-ops] [dispatch] draft-lawrence-sip-3rd-party-authorization-00

"Mary Barnes" <mary.barnes@nortel.com> Fri, 12 June 2009 20:52 UTC

Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:54:30 -0500
From: Mary Barnes <mary.barnes@nortel.com>
To: Dale Worley <dworley@nortel.com>
Cc: SIP Operations <sip-ops@ietf.org>, RAI DISPATCH <dispatch@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sip-ops] [dispatch] draft-lawrence-sip-3rd-party-authorization-00

Correct - we are not discussing solutions because we don't develop
solutions in DISPATCH.
The idea in DISPATCH if folks agree that there is a problem, is to then
determine the scope of the problem to be solved - that's not been
entirely concluded for this topic. If that can happen on the ML prior to
Stockholm, then certainly no f2f time is needed - really the ideal
operation of DISPATCH is that we don't need f2f time - i.e., work comes
in, we figure out the scope of the problem, whether there is critical
mass in the WG in terms of contributing to the work and then figure out
whether we need a new WG, a BoF, an individual/AD doc, etc.

At this point, for this topic, there has not yet been a critical mass in
terms of feedback on the proposal - that's what we're asking for now.
Basically, we are still dealing with the "...what part or parts of that
problem need to be solved" aspect of this topic.  If we don't get more
input it is highly unlikely that any progress could be made on this
topic in Stockholm, which would put us at the point that you are
suggesting we are now in terms of having nothing to discuss. That was
the implication of my "However...".  I'll be more blunt next time.

Thanks,
Mary.