RE: [Sip] Delivering request-URI and parameters to UAS via proxy

<youssef.chadli@orange-ftgroup.com> Mon, 28 January 2008 15:58 UTC

Subject: RE: [Sip] Delivering request-URI and parameters to UAS via proxy
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:57:39 +0100
From: youssef.chadli@orange-ftgroup.com
To: drage@alcatel-lucent.com, sip@ietf.org

There are other cases similar to what is described in section  2.1 Unknown Aliases of J. Rosenberg draft that should be taken into account.

Those cases are where the customer side is composed of several SIP terminals that access the network through an intermediate entity which registers their associated aliases with its contact address. Thus, such client side is seen from the network as a single client having several aliases (aggregated endpoints). Moreover, such client side may be a mini private network composed of several entities. In these configurations, the intermediate entity is in charge of routeing incoming calls inside the client domain and may need to behave as a SIP proxy for incoming SIP messages.

As examples of such configuration:
- Corporate networks: in that case the PBX register all the served individual user identities with its contact address and routes incoming calls toward the individual called users.
- Home networks: the Home Gateway may need to register on behalf of all the served terminals.  The Home Gateway is in charge of routeing incoming calls toward the individual called users.

J. Rosenberg draft seems give a good solution to take into account these configurations.

Best regards,

Youssef