RE: [Sip] about H.323 and SIP

Peter.Gajdos@proin.com Fri, 14 September 2001 09:55 UTC

From: Peter.Gajdos@proin.com
To: sip@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:10:39 +0200
Subject: RE: [Sip] about H.323 and SIP
Sender: sip-admin@ietf.org

Dear colleagues,

since I have started this discussion about the SIP vs. H.323, please let
me very briefly explain my motivation.
Firstly, my intention was not to offend anybody here. I just wanted to
express purely technical/protocol design background.
The truth really is, that H.323 has strong telephony/ISDN roots. However
the truth also is that H.323 has still several advantages over SIP.
I don't want to extend my explanation on, which features I mean here, as
this is the SIP mailing list (you can e-mail me on my address directly if
needed).
Please, if anybody feels hit at the heart, I appologize, perhaps I should
be more carefull with the wording.

Kind regards

D.I. Peter Gajdos

"Agboh, Charles" <Charles.Agboh@ebone.com>