[Sip] End-to-end security for DTLS-SRTP (FW: I-D Action:draft-fischer-sip-e2e-sec-media-00.txt)

"Fischer, Kai" <kai.fischer@siemens.com> Wed, 23 January 2008 09:34 UTC

Subject: [Sip] End-to-end security for DTLS-SRTP (FW: I-D Action:draft-fischer-sip-e2e-sec-media-00.txt)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:33:57 +0100
From: "Fischer, Kai" <kai.fischer@siemens.com>
To: sip@ietf.org

Hi,
I have submitted a draft proposing a solution to secure a DTLS-SRTP
handshake and hence SRTP end-to-end (in terms of end-domain to
end-domain). As discussed during the last IETF meetings and analyzed by
Dan's Identity-Media draft, current solutions like SIP Identity do not
protect the authenticity of the fingerprint end-to-end in certain
inter-domain scenarios. For example, a modification of SDP m-/c-lines or
the From header field by intermediaries breaks the SIP-Identity or
Identity-Media signature and causes a re-signing by a domain different
to the originating one. The draft proposes a solution for such scenarios
without the need to re-sign during domain traversal and which preserves
the original identity information.

I appreciate your comments and opinions to the draft and the proposed
solution.

Kai