RE: [Sip] RE: Delivering request-URI and parameters to UAS via proxy-new version of the draft-holmberg-sip-target-uri-delivery draft

<youssef.chadli@orange-ftgroup.com> Thu, 31 January 2008 01:58 UTC

Subject: RE: [Sip] RE: Delivering request-URI and parameters to UAS via proxy-new version of the draft-holmberg-sip-target-uri-delivery draft
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 02:58:23 +0100
From: youssef.chadli@orange-ftgroup.com
To: christer.holmberg@ericsson.com, jdrosen@cisco.com, john.elwell@siemens.com
Cc: sip@ietf.org, pkyzivat@cisco.com, drage@alcatel-lucent.com, audet@nortel.com

Hi,

The merged solution proposed by Christer would have the following advantages:

 - The "UA loose route"  mechanism would solve the "registration cases", particularly the problem of routing incoming sessions to the right terminal where the client side is composed of several endpoints accessing the network through an intermediate entity which registers their associated aliases with its contact address (see the thread discussing these use cases).

 - The Target header would solve the backward compatibility limitation for the other cases.

Regards,

Youssef