Generalisations (was RE: [Sip] Why not ISUP?)

"Mark Watson" <mwatson@nortelnetworks.com> Wed, 12 September 2001 01:01 UTC

From: Mark Watson <mwatson@nortelnetworks.com>
To: "'sip@ietf.org'" <sip@ietf.org>
Subject: Generalisations (was RE: [Sip] Why not ISUP?)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:06:48 +0100
Sender: sip-admin@ietf.org

While we're on the topic of generalisations...

I haven't been following the REFER header authentication debate, but
wouldn't a generic way to authenticate/sign any header be potentially useful
? (apologies if this is the current proposal anyway)

Perhaps a 'Previous-Header-authenticate:' header ?

Potentially we will have other headers in future where some entity needs to
vouch for their integrity.

Or a generic way to encrypt a single header. The 'Encrypted-header:' header.
Or do we already have that ?

Just a thought.

Regards...Mark