RE: [Sip] about H.323 and SIP

"Paul Long" <plong@ipdialog.com> Fri, 14 September 2001 19:09 UTC

From: Paul Long <plong@ipdialog.com>
To: sip@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Sip] about H.323 and SIP
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:21:39 -0500
Sender: sip-admin@ietf.org

Michael,

No, the pregranted ARQ is part of the registration process and is not
involved with call setup. Let me say it again, call setup can be
accomplished with a single message, so H.323 is no different than SIP in
this regard.

Also, H.323 and SIP have influenced each other, so it's not by any means a
one-way street.

Paul Long
ipDialog, Inc.