Re: [sipcore] SBC-friendliness of 4244bis

Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com> Thu, 02 September 2010 21:11 UTC

From: Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>
To: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <dworley@avaya.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 17:09:51 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] SBC-friendliness of 4244bis

Interesting idea.  There's no doubt SBCs will strip/anonymize the heck out of this thing (some already do for current Hist-Info).  But I'm not sure there's a one-size-fits-all model.  For example I see different rules being employed between carriers, vs. between a carrier and subscribers, vs. between enterprises and carriers.  But you do have a point.  Especially if we want GRUU's to survive.

-hadriel