Re: [sipcore] About Join and Replaces Headers: //Replaces header's extension

gao.yang2@zte.com.cn Tue, 28 September 2010 00:48 UTC

To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
From: gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 08:46:40 +0800
Cc: "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] About Join and Replaces Headers: //Replaces header's extension

Paul,

> IIUC, you are talking about (1):
>
>    X -------------------- Y
>        voice/video
>
> moving to (2):
>
>    X -------------------- Y
>    |       voice
>    +--------------------- Z
>          HD video
>
> Is that right?

Yes.

> And then you are looking for the signaling that will allow that to
happen?

> An INVITE with Join by Z to X would probably result in (3):
>
>    X -------------------- Y
>    |       voice/video
>    +--------------------- Z
>          HD video

The video between X and Y would be still exsit, and would not be replaced,
after Z has the HD video.

The requirement is to transfer the video from Y to Z.

> while an INVITE with Replaces by Z to X would probably result in (4):
>
>    X -------------------- Z
>           video

By current Replaces header's semantics, the dialog between X and Y would
be teared down.

So, my intention is to do extension for it.

> ISTM that (3) is pretty reasonable, after which X can drop its video
stream.

If Y can only afford just one video stream at the same time(there's some
hardware based devices are so), Y can not maintain the two video
streams(one normal and another HD) at the same time.

Thanks,

Gao

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.