Re: [sipcore] Draft new: draft-holmberg-sipcore-proxy-feature [was: Feature-tags in the Path header field]

gao.yang2@zte.com.cn Wed, 13 October 2010 09:31 UTC

To: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
From: gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:30:16 +0800
Cc: "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Draft new: draft-holmberg-sipcore-proxy-feature [was: Feature-tags in the Path header field]

I just showed the vendor's viewpoint.

It is better to replaces "our IMS(3GPP' SRVCC)" by "our IMS(SRVCC)". So, I
means "We now use this draft in our IMS(SRVCC), currently in standard
level."

And what I means about "in standard level", is that ZTE's 3GPP people
support this one now. And considering system level, we will support the
final approved one.

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
===================================

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
2010-10-13 17:04

收件人
"gao.yang2@zte.com.cn" <gao.yang2@zte.com.cn>cn>, Paul Kyzivat
<pkyzivat@cisco.com>om>, Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
抄送
"sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
主题
RE: [sipcore] Draft new: draft-holmberg-sipcore-proxy-feature [was:
Feature-tags in the Path header field]

Actually 3GPP does not. It is under discussion, but no CR has yet been
approved. That might well happen by December, but it has not yet.

Keith

[was: Feature-tags in the Path header field]

Hi Paul and Christer,

We now use this draft in our IMS(3GPP's SRVCC), currently in standard
level.

So, we support this one.

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
Zip    : 210012
Tel    : 87211
Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
e_mail : gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
===================================

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
发件人:  sipcore-bounces@ietf.org
2010-09-27 22:46

收件人
Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
抄送
"sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
主题
Re: [sipcore] Draft new: draft-holmberg-sipcore-proxy-feature [was:
Feature-tags in the Path header field]

[as chair]

To all sipcore participants:

Christer has been looking for a way to accomplish a particular function
that 3gpp wants. This proposal seems a plausible way to do that. But it
is of necessity defining a more general mechanism.

I'd really appreciate comments from others (including people in no way
involved with 3gpp) regarding this mechanism. For instance, do you
consider the semantics to be well defined? Do you see need for more
about security implications?

How many would find this useful to have?

                Thanks,
                Paul

On 9/24/2010 7:04 AM, Christer Holmberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've submitted a draft, which extends the rr-param rule, allowing
proxies to indicate supported features using feature tags in Path,
Record-Route etc.

http://users.piuha.net/cholmber/drafts/draft-holmberg-sipcore-proxy-feature-00.txt

> As I indicated earlier on the list, and as you can read in the draft,
there is a 3GPP use-case where we believe the mechanism could be used.
But, there is nothing 3GPP specific about the mechanism as such.

> Regards,
>
> Christer

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to
others.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of
the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam
system.

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.