Re: [sipcore] About SUBSCRIBE method's performance and Out-of-Dialog notification suggestion:

gao.yang2@zte.com.cn Wed, 05 January 2011 06:22 UTC

To: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <dworley@avaya.com>, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
From: gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 14:21:50 +0800
Cc: sipcore@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sipcore] About SUBSCRIBE method's performance and Out-of-Dialog notification suggestion:

Dale and Paul,

> > I suspect that the question is dialog state maintained in
> intermediate elements, as many SIP systems coming from traditional
> telco companies implement intermediate elements as B2BUAs, and often
> have up to a dozen B2BUAs in what would be expected in SIP to be a
> single dialog.  I expect Gao will clarify the question when his day
arrives.

[For Dale] I think it is about both, that is intermediate elements and the
UAC/UAS.

> If this is the issue, then it just points out the obvious - that there
> are consequences to using B2BUAs rather than proxies. If it hurts, don't

> do it.

[For Paul] I think it is meaningful in cases that intermediate elements
are defined B2BUA/Stateful(by some Network Architecture) or demanded
B2BUA/Stateful(by users/operators).

Thanks,

Gao

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.