Re: [sipcore] draft-holmberg-sipcore-proxy-feature- why not just use Supported

Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com> Wed, 10 November 2010 03:01 UTC

From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
To: Andrew Allen <aallen@rim.com>, "pkyzivat@cisco.com" <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 04:01:19 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [sipcore] draft-holmberg-sipcore-proxy-feature- why not just use Supported

Hi,

Andrew is correct: just because something isn't a "pure" proxy, it doesn't mean it is going to modify the Contact header, Supported header etc.

Also, I think the use-case (which I have presented on the list) where a proxy indicates that the Path address information can be used for routing requests in both direction is an example of a "pure" proxy use-case. That is also an old problem, that we have discussed earlier every now and then.

Regards,

Christer