Re: [sipcore] Reviewers needed for new music-on-hold technique

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com> Wed, 27 October 2010 20:47 UTC

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:49:15 -0400
From: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
To: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <dworley@avaya.com>
Cc: "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Reviewers needed for new music-on-hold technique

I'm quite sure the constraint isn't there for the pain or benefit of an
MOH server. Its a constraint that applies on a single session between a
single pair of UAs that are using reINVITE to renegotiate the codec they
are using. In that context it makes sense, for one o/a cycle.

What doesn't make sense is extending it for the life of the session.

	Thanks,
	Paul