Re: [sipcore] Commentson draft-mohali-sipcore-reason-call-forwarding-00

<marianne.mohali@orange-ftgroup.com> Thu, 21 October 2010 21:04 UTC

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:05:57 +0200
From: marianne.mohali@orange-ftgroup.com
To: pkyzivat@cisco.com, sipcore@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Commentson draft-mohali-sipcore-reason-call-forwarding-00

Hi Paul,

My answer in your text [MM]

Thanks,
Marianne

[MM] It is right for the draft in subject (reason for call diversion) but not for the other draft (if it is what you mean by "an earlier message") you seem to refer (Reason for applications) where new values could be added "everywhere".

> If so, it at least sounds like an abuse - that some other
> mechanism should be used.
>
> OTOH, if there is some plausible reason to use this in an
> actual request then I find it much less troubling.
[MM]  Answering only for the draft in subject; it's true that it has a narrow scope but, at the end, the new values could be present everywhere the History-Info header is. At this time, I described our need but I could think about a larger use of those new values (eg. directly in a SIP error response due to a UA retargeting).