Re: [sipcore] draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-04

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com> Fri, 29 October 2010 13:02 UTC

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:04:29 -0400
From: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
To: sipcore@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sipcore] draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-04

Its unclear to me how many people have opinions on this.
It certainly can be one of the discussion points.
If you like, I can make up some slides on the alternatives for use at
the meeting.

But it will be good if we can reduce the number of alternatives between
now and then. ISTM there are basically two decisions to make about the
syntax:

- at most two URIs, or an unlimited number
- routing-param part of same header, or a separate header

The first of those is a real functionality discussion.
(Or a computer science discussion of whether there is a number bigger
than one other than "many".)

The second is partly esthetic, and partly a technical issue for those
writing sip parsers. Making it all one header causes it to be a one-off
from a parser perspective.

	Thanks,
	Paul