Re: [sipcore] #38: How is the mapping of a GRUU into its UA Contact marked?

"Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com> Wed, 01 September 2010 16:31 UTC

From: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>, Shida Schubert <shida@ntt-at.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 18:32:01 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "worley@alum.mit.edu" <worley@alum.mit.edu>, "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>, sipcore issue tracker <trac@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] #38: How is the mapping of a GRUU into its UA Contact marked?

If we use 'rc' for a URI obtained by mapping GRUU-to-registered-contact, as well as for a URI obtained by mapping AOR-to-registered-contact, we can no longer say that an application looks for the hi-entry prior to the last 'rc'-marked hi-entry in order to obtain the AOR. Of course, if the original request was to the GRUU, there is no AOR, so we should make it clear the application will find either the AOR or the GRUU.

John