[sipcore] Warren Kumari's Yes on draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 12 June 2019 17:06 UTC

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected@ietf.org, Jean Mahoney <mahoney@nostrum.com>, sipcore-chairs@ietf.org, mahoney@nostrum.com, sipcore@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 10:06:50 -0700
Subject: [sipcore] Warren Kumari's Yes on draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected/

COMMENT:

I generally approach SIP documents with a sense of foreboding — they are often
long, expect a large amount of knowledge outside my area of expertise, and
require lots of reference chasing — but this was a really good read. It
describes the problem well, it lays out the protocol clearly, and contains
enough humor / snark to make reading it actually enjoyable.

Nits:
"Another value of the 607 rejection is presuming the proxy forwards
the response code to the User Agent Client (UAC), the calling UAC or
intervening proxies will also learn the user is not interested in
receiving calls from that sender."
I found this sentence really hard to parse -- I think adding a comma after "is"
fixes it.

"An algorithm can be vulnerable to an algorithm subject to the base rate
fallacy [BaseRate] rejecting the call." Unparsable -- duplication? Perhaps just
" An algorithm can be vulnerable to the base rate fallacy [BaseRate] rejecting
the call."?