[sipcore] Magnus Westerlund's No Record on draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-spam-04: (with COMMENT)

Magnus Westerlund via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 09 March 2021 09:40 UTC

From: Magnus Westerlund via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-spam@ietf.org, sipcore-chairs@ietf.org, sipcore@ietf.org, Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>, br@brianrosen.net
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 01:40:17 -0800
Subject: [sipcore] Magnus Westerlund's No Record on draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-spam-04: (with COMMENT)

Magnus Westerlund has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-spam-04: No Record

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-spam/

COMMENT:

Transfering my discuss as I step down. Zahed will take this over.

Discuss:
Section 7:

Which ABNF is used here, please provide a reference. I also very much would
appreciate that the normative reference for "iana-token" was provided in this
section rather than 8.3.

Comments:

Section 8.3:

So I am slightly worried that there are no recommendations on the criteria the
expert should have for accepting or rejecting an registration request. Well
there is always the possibility for appealing a registration request if it gets
rejected. Considering that these labels are very much social constructs they
will be culture dependent and what may be acceptable in one culture may not be
in another. I would expect that being very liberal is the only way forward
here. At the same time allowing many overlapping labels could enable attacks on
the system.  Was these aspects discussed in the WG?