[sipcore] About SUBSCRIBE method's performance and Out-of-Dialog notification suggestion:

gao.yang2@zte.com.cn Tue, 04 January 2011 05:21 UTC

To: sipcore@ietf.org
From: gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 13:21:02 +0800
Subject: [sipcore] About SUBSCRIBE method's performance and Out-of-Dialog notification suggestion:

Hi,

By our equipment's performance analysis, we(internal) find that SUBSCRIBE
method always occupy a lot of resource, especially for some long duration
Event Packages. (Considering the traffic model, some Event Packages, have
larger call rate and longer duration than INVITE method.)

Supposing the SUBSCRIBE's dialog&event resource consuming is similar to
INVITE's dialog&session(signalling level) resource consuming, one Event
Package's would need more resource consuming than the session usage.

Considering some Event Package's event occurence probability is very low
in the subscription's relative long duration lifecycle, we can make a new
type of subscription which would tear down the dialog after the
SUBSCRIBE(and the first NOTIFY), while send the subsequent notification
out-of-dialog.

I'd like to hear Adam and other RFC3265 experts' view points.

Thanks,

Gao

 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : gao.yang2@zte.com.cn

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.