Re: [sipcore] About SUBSCRIBE method's performance and Out-of-Dialog notification suggestion:

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Tue, 04 January 2011 16:07 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <dworley@avaya.com>, "gao.yang2@zte.com.cn" <gao.yang2@zte.com.cn>, "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:09:18 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [sipcore] About SUBSCRIBE method's performance and Out-of-Dialog notification suggestion:

Agreed. The key here is to understanding what dialog state needs to be maintained, and the proposal as currently described does not seem to change that. It merely changes formal dialog state into something that does the same thing but is not formally defined.

Of course we could remove all state altogether, but that surely is PUBLISH.

Keith