Re: [sipcore] Updated 4244bis and new call flow document

<marianne.mohali@orange-ftgroup.com> Sun, 25 July 2010 01:09 UTC

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 03:09:24 +0200
From: marianne.mohali@orange-ftgroup.com
To: mary.ietf.barnes@gmail.com, sipcore@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Updated 4244bis and new call flow document

Hi Mary and all,

I have some comments on draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-01:

1- Regarding the "hit" and "target" parameters, is it really necessary to create both?
   I mean the "hit" parameter seems almost useless as it has to be removed from the R-URI just
   after its creation (kept only in the Contact header after a 3xx).
   Why the hi-target couldn't be a single parameter to tag URIs?

2- §4.1 it is said that
   "The entries SHOULD be evaluated to determine gaps in indices,
   which could indicate that an entry has been maliciously removed.
   Either way, an application SHOULD be aware of potentially missing information."
  If the removed hi-entry is the last destination (leaf) of an unsuccessful route (branch),
  how is it possible, at the end, to know that there is a missing entry?

3- §5.1.1 At the end of the second sentence, there are 2 right parenthesis.
   §6.3.1 after reference to [RFC3261], there are 2 right square brackets.

4- §6.1 In the rules after the header syntax, the sentence
   "There MUST be no more than one hi-target parameter."
   should be completed with "per hi-entry" to be more precise (as it is the case in the previous item).

5- §6.3.2 In the sentence
	"This is accomplished by adding a new priv-value,
   	history, to the Privacy header [RFC3323] indicating that a specific
   	History-Info header entry can not be forwarded outside the domain."
   It should be better to complete with : To do this, the Privacy header with the priv-value history is
   escaped in the hi-entry corresponding to the concerned URI.

6- §7:
	"For example, an Automatic Call Distribution (ACD)/Call center application
   	that utilizes the entry prior to the first History-Info entry with an
   	hi-target value of "mp", ..."
   Do you mean the entry with the index that matches the first History-Info entry with an hi-target value of "mp"? (instead of the prior)

7- Appendix B.2 and B.3: what is the "p=x" in the URI?

Cheers,
Marianne