Re: [sipcore] About Join and Replaces Headers: //Replaces header's extension

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com> Mon, 27 September 2010 18:12 UTC

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:13:33 -0400
From: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
To: gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
Cc: "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] About Join and Replaces Headers: //Replaces header's extension

IIUC, you are talking about (1):

   X -------------------- Y
       voice/video

moving to (2):

   X -------------------- Y
   |       voice

   +--------------------- Z
         HD video

Is that right?

And then you are looking for the signaling that will allow that to happen?

An INVITE with Join by Z to X would probably result in (3):

   X -------------------- Y
   |       voice/video

         HD video

while an INVITE with Replaces by Z to X would probably result in (4):

          video

ISTM that (3) is pretty reasonable, after which X can drop its video stream.

I don't see that anything new is required to achieve this.

	Thanks,
	Paul