Re: nisc-01742 (ticket update) Re: Mail problems at OpenSystems, Inc.

Curtis Villamizar <curtis@ans.net> Fri, 10 March 1995 06:19 UTC

To: Paul Traina <pst@cisco.com>
cc: curtis@ans.net, Vadim Antonov <avg@sprint.net>, davidc@iij.ad.jp, keith@pipex.net, bgpd@merit.edu, bilse@eu.net, cix-tech@cix.org, fedor@msf.psi.net, nisc@psi.com, roll@stupi.se, schoff@us.psi.com, smd@sprint.net
Subject: Re: nisc-01742 (ticket update) Re: Mail problems at OpenSystems, Inc.
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 01:08:04 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Curtis Villamizar <curtis@ans.net>

In message <199503092115.NAA17781@feta.cisco.com>, Paul Traina writes:

>   From: Curtis Villamizar <curtis@ans.net>
>   Subject: Re: nisc-01742 (ticket update) Re: Mail problems at OpenSystems, I
> nc
>
>   In message <199503081855.NAA26096@titan.sprintlink.net>, Vadim Antonov writ
> es
>   > The worst flap echoeing offender is undoubtly ANS -- we hear
>   > full routing table from them.
>
>   Yes.. and you would like us to.. stop sending you full routes?  We
>   have some fixed timers dampenning the BGP updates we send you...
>
> You mean that gated doesn't implement the damping scheme you came up with?
> I thought you had already deployed it.  Serves me right for not asking. :-(

No it doesn't.  I thought that was clear that I had dropped this at
the time when Dennis was doing gated BGP and I stopped doing
rcp_routed things to do some tweaks on the gated policy code.  This
was never picked up again.  The idea is back by popular demand, but
the code was never finished and was quite rcp_routed centric.

Archeologic expeditions have uncovered rcp_routed code that has been
forward to Yakov for carbon-14 dating and analysis.  Otherwise it's
just more vapor.  Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Curtis