RE: [Sipping-tispan] FW: I-DACTION:draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring-00.txt

Rocky Wang <rocky.wang@huawei.com> Mon, 06 February 2006 08:22 UTC

Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:13:57 +0800
From: Rocky Wang <rocky.wang@huawei.com>
Subject: RE: [Sipping-tispan] FW: I-DACTION:draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring-00.txt
To: sipping@ietf.org, sipping-tispan@ietf.org
Sender: sipping-tispan-bounces@ietf.org

Hi, all,
   More background information about this draft is maybe useful for you
when you begin read it.

   In the last IETF meeting in Vancouver, I have submitted a draft to
implement the functionality to override barring service in use of an
extion header, P-CPC (See in
draft-rocky-sipping-calling-party-category-01) which is also mentioned
in this draft. Because more issues must be re-considered. A key one is
the security consideration because the called network server will not
always know whether the information is provided by a real calling
network server, or some other malformed attacker. This is a problem if
the network diagram is not decided. As experts sugestion, I tried to
search for an appoach in use of SAML.

   SAML can be used to convey a set of information, include the
authentication information and calling party features. There is team
researching on the deploy SAML in SIP (Ses in
draft-tschofenig-sip-saml-04.txt).

   I have collected some types of the functionalities to override
barring services. Maybe there are some more. Would you please tell me if
you know. And for listed types, there maybe some more typical appoaches.
I thank you too to receives more appoaches from you. Any comments are
welcome.

Best Regards,
Rocky Wang

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring
-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request@ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this

	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.