RE: [Sipping-tispan] Advice of Charge (AoC)

Darshan Bildikar <darshanb@huawei.com> Mon, 30 January 2006 12:09 UTC

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:39:22 +0530
From: Darshan Bildikar <darshanb@huawei.com>
Subject: RE: [Sipping-tispan] Advice of Charge (AoC)
To: 'Miguel Garcia' <Miguel.An.Garcia@nokia.com>, 'GARCIN Sebastien RD-CORE-ISS' <sebastien.garcin@francetelecom.com>
Cc: sipping-tispan@ietf.org
Sender: sipping-tispan-bounces@ietf.org

Would it not be better to use an "in-dialog" "piggybacking" approach as
suggested?

Creating a side dialog and using an HTTP GET might create an unnecessary
performance over head.

As an example, I'm thinking of an IP post paid application (for which AoC
would be really useful!) with a 1 million user database that needs to
support 200 BHCA.

Getting the AoC information without any extra signaling would be helpful to
say the least!