Re: [sixpac] Drafts on SIP-XMPP combined use

<Simo.Veikkolainen@nokia.com> Fri, 19 November 2010 08:26 UTC

From: Simo.Veikkolainen@nokia.com
To: peter.musgrave@magorcorp.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:26:43 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: sixpac@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sixpac] Drafts on SIP-XMPP combined use

No, what is meant here is the information by which a SIP request can be routed to the endpoint, meaning basically an AOR or GRUU.

>I think it might need to be the AOR - since that is required to be a
>FQDN and publicly reachable, whereas a contact header value might not
>be. However, in the case where the AOR has multiple contacts registered,
>would we require GRUU to specify which one is to be called?
>
>Is the requirement that the information provided allow for the specific
>UA instance to be contacted when this identity information is conveyed
>over XMPP?

Yes.

>REQ-3: Can you elaborate on "real time media contact and status" ? I am
>not sure what the requirement is asking for. An indication that an audio
>or video session simply exists - or details down to the port, CODEC etc.
>???

The wording is indeed a bit confusing. What we would like is to be able to indicate via XMPP presence that I'm available for voice or video calls on SIP, and if you want to contact me, here is my SIP AOR. Also, if I happen to be off-line, on the phone or otherwise not available for SIP calls, that should be indicated in the XMPP presence as well.

Simo