Re: [Slim] Negotiation issue in draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language

Gunnar Hellström <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se> Sat, 17 February 2018 22:21 UTC

To: Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org>, Bernard Aboba <bernard.aboba@gmail.com>
Cc: slim@ietf.org
From: Gunnar Hellström <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 23:20:58 +0100
Subject: Re: [Slim] Negotiation issue in draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language

I agree with Randall. No more normative or descriptive language is
needed. There is already a warning against providing language
indications that will be hard to match. That will happen if you decide
to answer with a language that was not in the offer. But it is better
than answering with no language indication and it indicates how you
might answer the call.

There is however one small adjustment to do. The sentence about having
the languages in preference order in the lists should be included also
in the paragraph about the answer in 5.2.  Or it could be pulled out
from the paragraph about the offer and put in a common paragraph below
both paragraphs about the offer and the answer. And the lists should be
in plural in the sentence.
Here the sentence is attached last in the paragraph about the answer:
-----------------------------5.2 paragraph about the answer, with new

  In an answer, 'hlang-send' is a list of one or more languages the answerer might send if
    using the media for language (which in most cases contains one or more of the
    languages in the offer's 'hlang-recv'), and 'hlang-recv' is a list of one or more of the
    languages the answerer is prepared to receive if using the media for
    language (which in most cases contains one or more of the languages in the offer's
    'hlang-send'). The lists of languages are in preference order (first is most
    preferred).

/Gunnar